Eight claim titles at National Invitational Tournament
DES MOINES, May 17, 2015 – Eight women claimed national all-around titles today at the USA Gymnastics Junior Olympic National Invitational Tournament. The competition, which was held in conjunction with the U.S. Women’s Junior Olympic National Championships, took place in the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines.
The winners in each division were as follows.
- Junior A: Sienna Schreiber of Northwind Gymnastics Center, 37.525
- Junior B: Sadie Miner of All-American Gymnastics, 37.700
- Junior C: Hannah McCrary of Cincinnati, 37.650
- Junior D: McKenna Burnside of US Gold Gymnastics, 37.450
- Senior A: Nevin Adamski of Ocean Tumblers, 37.625
- Senior B: Michaela Nelson of Hill’s Gymnastics, 37.475
- Senior C: Kaprece Nadonza of Waller’s GymJam, 37.400
- Senior D: Kaitlin Green of LaFleur’s Gymnastics, 37.550
The Des Moines Area Sports Commission and Booster Club of Chow’s Gymnastics and Dance Institute are the local organizations working with USA Gymnastics on staging the event. The Junior Olympic NIT was developed to allow an additional 192 athletes an opportunity to compete at the national level and features gymnasts who ranked eighth and ninth in the all-around in each of the eight age divisions at the Level 10 Regional Championships (provided they achieved a minimum all-around score), plus any Regional individual event champions who did not qualify to the Junior Olympic Nationals or the Junior Olympic NIT in the all-around.
The states that comprise each region are: Region 1 — Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah; Region 2 – Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington; Region 3 – Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming; Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin; Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio; Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont; Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia; and Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.